Electricity can cause shocks
One of the biggest dangers of being around electricity is that electric shocks can be deadly, whatever the voltage level. Most residential homes have voltages of around 120 in wall outlets, but some voltages can go up to 240 volts that can be very dangerous. It can range from a small jolt to serious burns and internal injuries and in the worst cases, it can be fatal. This is one of the best reasons to never attempt to complete work yourself and always call a qualified electrician.
Electricity can be a fire hazard
Electricity causes over 20,000 accidental fires in the UK every year. Faulty wiring or overloaded electrical circuits can result in overheating, sparks, and even fires. Common electrical mistakes that could result in fire include the wrong gauge or electrical wire, fault installations of outlets and switches, or installing fuses of the wrong size. Your lack of experience and knowledge may easily lead to faulty wiring and other issues that could result in a fire.
Installations need to comply with regulations
All electrics need to comply with certain regulations, including Wiring Regulations BS7671. These regulations ensure the design, installation, and maintenance of electrical installations, including consumer units, wiring, and all other elements meets certain standards so that they are safe. Our professional and helpful electricians will ensure that your installation meets all required safety and building standards.
All electrical installations need to meet certain criteria and pass an inspection before they can be used. Failure to comply with this can not only put you at risk but could result in expensive fines. If you plan to sell your property and move you could then find yourself risking the sale due to incorrect electrics or not having the correct paperwork. Work completed by our electricians is always tested to ensure it is safe, so you also have valuable peace of mind.
Costly repairs in the future
When you try to fix electrical problems yourself, you may end up with more problems than when you started. Do-it-yourself electrics may result in poorly-installed electrics and improper wiring that is not fit for purpose. You will then need to spend time and money on top of the money you have already spent. The benefits will always far outweigh the initial cost of electrical repairs or installation work.
Stay safe and call a professional electrician
If you need electrical work, please call our professional electric contractors now. We can be reached on 01737 931 275.