Commercial condition reports and electrical surveys near Betchworth
As part of our commercial electrical services in Betchworth, Reigate, or Buckland, we offer complete commercial condition reports. Our electricians complete a series of visual inspections, as well as live and dead testing to ensure any electrical installation and associated outlets, including wiring, switches, and sockets meets the safety standards set out by the IET Wiring Regulations.
All electrical installations will degrade over time; sockets and switches can sustain damage, connections can become loose, or certain parts of the system may no longer meet latest regulations. Old and faulty wiring can be the main cause of electrical fires, electric shocks, and overheating. If you are a property manager or owner of a commercial property, it is your responsibility under the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 to ensure that the installation within your property is safe. This legislation places a duty of care on employers and commercial condition reports must be cone at regular intervals to ensure compliance.
A commercial EICR will:
- Look for any defective electrical work
- Highlight any fire hazards or shock hazards
- Look for any lack of earthing or bonding
- Assess and evaluate the Residual Current Devices (RCDs)
- Ensure the presence of the correct identification and notices
- Look at the condition and any deterioration to sockets, light fittings, and switches